To kick off Green Office Week we have provided 10 easy tips on how to make your office greener. Make that change! Have a positive impact on the environment by following our quick and easy tips to make your working environment greener.
- Start by turning off all computers, printers and other electrical appliances at the end of the day when you leave the office. This will save electricity and potentially eliminate the risk of a fuse blowing whilst nobody is in the office
- Use environmentally friendly office supplies such as 100% recycled paper, refillable ink cartridges or nontoxic highlighters
- Use nontoxic cleaning products to clean your office
- Encourage working from home to reduce pollution from travelling to work. This will also increase time availability
- Increasing your office temperature by 2°C could eventually produce enough CO2 in a year to fill a hot air balloon
- Provide recycling bins to recycle; paper, cardboard, cans and plastic. This will reduce the amount of general waste you produce
- Purchase a UniBond 360° which will provide a healthier office environment by absorbing moisture from the air within the office
- Choose coffee or tea for the kitchen in your place of work that has a green frog seal. The Rainforest Alliance symbol on the product will assure that all tea and coffee was grown using methods which will protect the rainforest, soils and waterways on farms where the products were produced
- By having a plant in your office it can reduce a number of everyday issues in the office. A plant can improve air quality reducing fatigue by 20%, headaches by 45%, sore/dry throats by 30%, coughs by 40% and dry facial skin by 25%. Plants that will improve the air quality within your office include; Areca palms, English ivy, peppermint, lemon balm, spider plants, aloe vera and orchids
- Bring your lunch in a reusable container instead of going to buy food from a supermarket. It will reduce the money you spend on lunch and the amount of recycling you will have to do within your office
If you have any tips on how to make your working environment greener then let us know by contacting us on our social media.
Visit Office Supplies Now today! If you’re looking for an environmental office refurb we have the ideal offer for you! 3 for 2 on all Avery recycled filing labels http://bit.ly/1FZgQFx
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter